All registration is done via an online form and both new members and existing members are invited to register online now.
Hockey Australia (HA) has introduced a new membership platform which Whitford Hockey Club has also adopted as the Club’s new member database. You will only be required to fill out one form, which will ensure you are included in Hockey WA (HWA) online match reports, covered under personal accident insurance with HA, and registered as a member of Whitford Hockey Club.
All new and returning members including pre-juniors (Hook in2 Hockey/Hin2H), juniors, seniors and masters, as well as life members, social members and volunteers should register via this platform.
How Do I Register?
New and returning members
- Go to our new membership portal here: WHC registration
- Choose “Register”. This option should be chosen by all new and returning members unless you have already paid the HA levy through another club (dual registrants).
- Select one of the following options:
- Non-playing member $0 (includes life members, social members, volunteers, parents of juniors)
- WHC pre juniors $0 (Minkey, grads and post-grads)
- WHC juniors $31.50
- WHC seniors/masters $43.00
- Follow the instructions to complete your membership information.
Once you have filled out your membership information, you will be asked to pay the HA levy online (junior and senior playing members only) to complete the registration.
The levies are:
- Senior (ages 19+) $43.00
- Junior (ages 9-18) $31.50
A player will only have to pay the HA levy once. If you have already paid the HA levy when registering through another club, choose the “Renew” option and use the same email address you used to register with the other Club. The system will recognise that the levy has already been paid. Please then provide the details as indicated under “Whitford Hockey Club registration details”.
Click here to view our fees for 2020 (downloadable pdf file). You will be separately invoiced for your club player and membership fees by Whitford Hockey Club following submission of your online registration.
- The registration form is in 2 parts, the first part is data required by Hockey Australia, and the second part questions specific to your Whitford Hockey Club membership.
- If you are playing/considering playing in more than one winter team on a regular basis (e.g. senior & junior, senior & masters) please answer Yes or Maybe to the question “Do you intend to play for a second team?” and provide details for which team.
- If you have already registered with another club but will also be playing in a Whitford’s team and have already paid the HA levy, please see above for instructions for dual registrants.
- Non-playing club volunteers are invited to register for free social membership by choosing the “Non-playing member $0” option. This will assist the Club in recognising our volunteers for the valued work they do under our Volunteer Recognition Program.
- Under the rules adopted by the Club in 2017, junior members under 15 years old are not entitled to vote at a general meeting of the Club. To ensure every member has a voice, parents or legal guardians of juniors under 15 are invited to register as an honorary member at no membership fee using the “Non-playing member $0” option and to vote on behalf of their junior member at any general meeting.
- Playing members in school year 9 and above, or their family members/nominated person for players in year 8 and below, must volunteer a minimum of 4 hours during the winter hockey season. Players can opt-out of volunteering by paying an additional fee of $50 as part of the membership. If you wish to opt-out, please choose this option in the registration form.
If you have any questions, need some help, or want to talk to someone, our official registration day is Saturday 15 February 2020 from 10am – 3pm at Warwick Hockey Centre in Warwick.
Need Help Registering?
For any registration enquires please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
KidSport Fee Payments
In 2020 we will once again be working with the City of Joondalup and City of Wanneroo to help families with a health card or pension card receive up to $150 off the cost of membership for each child in that family between the ages of 5 and 18. If the child turns 19 during the year as long as they are 18 at the time of application they can qualify.
For more information on KidSport, please click here: Kidsport information